Hyperbaric Chamber Las Vegas
The Hyperbaric Chamber at Smith Plastic Surgery Institute
As a leader and innovator in the cosmetic and plastic surgery industry, Dr. Lane Smith and Smith Plastic Surgery Institute, located in Las Vegas, Nevada, announces their recent state-of-the-art patient-based technology acquisition, the Hyperbaric Chamber.
Hyperbaric Chambers, also known a Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, or HBOT, is a medical treatment used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including helping to increase and boost the natural healing process in patients who have recently undergone surgery.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy involves breathing pure oxygen in a special pressurized chamber.
At Smith Plastic Surgery Institute, we are proud to offer our patients the OxyHealth chamber, the leader in this technology and industry.
OxyHealth has forever changed the way the medical industry practices hyperbaric therapy. Since their inception, they are devoted to providing quality and brilliantly safe portable hyperbaric chambers to physicians, professional athletes, wellness centers, and families. All OxyHealth chambers are designed for patients to easily self-treat, which has fostered a cutting-edge trend in hyperbaric technology.
Many people are familiar with the Hyperbaric Chamber, usually known to treat a condition that can occur with scuba divers, called decompression sickness. The use of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy was first used in the early 1900s and became more common among the population when it was used to treat the decompression symptoms.
During these early years, it was determined that the treatments helped improve the natural healing process and its use among and within the medical community grew.
So, How Does Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Work?
One method includes the patient receiving treatment inside a clear acrylic chamber or tube, where the patient lying down is asked to breathe in the air inside the chamber as the pressure is gradually increased.
Other modes of treatment include having multiple people within a hyperbaric oxygen room, where oxygen is delivered individually through a mask or lightweight clear hood that is placed over the patient’s head, again, with the pressure gradually being increased.
Because we understand that increasing blood flow to impacted areas of the body helps to increase healing, the Hyperbaric Chamber helps patients heal faster because the chamber allows the control of oxygen and allows for the oxygen to be dissolved in the blood, body fluids, cerebral spinal fluid, bone tissue, and lymph nodes, all important areas to help promote the healing. Oxygen-rich fluids in the body then can travel to areas where blood circulation is blocked.
What Are The Benefits Of The Hyperbaric Chamber For Me As A Patient?
- The Hyperbaric Chamber is designed to help Accelerate Recovery and Reduce Recovery Times so you can feel like yourself soon after your surgical procedure.
- Patients who incorporate the Hyperbaric Chamber as part of their surgical process experience Reduced Swelling and Pain, Increased Collagen Production, Minimalization Of Scars, and Accelerated Healing allowing them to return to their normal activities and life sooner.
This form of treatment has been used for many different medical conditions and injuries that benefit through the increased level of oxygen in the tissues. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy can be utilized as a stand-alone treatment or a procedure that can boost the action of the medicine, such as antibiotics.
What Surgical Procedures Can The Hyperbaric Chamber Help Enhance?
The Hyperbaric Chamber can help enhance the results and recovery for most of the surgical procedures offered by Dr. Lane Smith, including:
- Face Lifts
- Breast Augmentation / Lift
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Mommy Makeovers
- Tummy Tucks
- Many more
What Other Conditions Can HBOT Treat?
- Wounds (acute wounds such as after surgery or trauma, and chronic wounds such as a nonhealing ulcers or decubiti)
- Chronic infections
- Severe acute infections (when combined with other treatment)
- Neurologic diseases or acute neurologic injuries (brain trauma, cerebral palsy, dementia, spinal injuries, possibly depression, etc.)
- Anti-aging effects (it appears to slow aging on many levels, possibly decrease hair loss in males, and increase overall energy, encourages stem cell release, increases telomere length)
- Pre-operative preparation (Hyperbaric Oxygen given before and after surgery will help greatly decrease the bruising and speed up recovery)
- Post-operative treatment (speeds up the recovery and decreases bruising)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndromes
- Many Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Salvage of tissue or flaps with poor vascularity
- Erectile dysfunction
- Some Autoimmune diseases
- Help repair radiation injury after cancer treatment
- Sudden blindness or deafness
- After Burn injuries
- Severe Anemia
- Diabetic or chronic smoking areas of poor vascularity (hands and feet)
- Lyme disease (when combined with other treatments)
- Some cancers (when combined with other treatments)
- Gangrene, impending gangrene
For More Information On Our Hyperbaric Chamber Please Call Us At (702) 838-2455