Get a Tummy Tuck in Las Vegas
A World-Class Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon In Las Vegas Providing World-Class Results
When mothers visit Smith Plastic Surgery Institute to learn more about Tummy Tuck in Las Vegas and other plastic surgeries, they often discuss the substantial changes their bodies have experienced due to the stress associated with pregnancy and childbirth. This is also true for men and women who have experienced large fluctuations in their weight. How can you restore your abdomen to its previous appearance? No laser treatments or creams can remove stretch marks. And, no matter how hard you try, there is often no amount of diet or exercise that will get rid of the stomach bulge. It is only possible to get 6-pack abs if your abdominal muscles are properly positioned.
Smith Plastic Surgery Institute Offers a Remarkable Solution
Dr. Lane Smith can help you reshape your abdomen.* Say goodbye to excess skin and stretch marks. Say hello to the flat stomach, you desire. With the combination of liposuction and abdominal plastic surgery, you can restore the appearance of your abdomen and wear that bikini with a smile.
What Is A Las Vegas Abdominoplasty?
Las Vegas Abdominoplasty, also known as Tummy Tuck or Mini-Tummy Tuck, is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures. It’s no wonder considering the amazing transformation it can deliver. Dr. Lane Smith, who holds 4 separate board certifications in plastic surgery, has performed plastic surgery procedures for over 13 years. By tightening the abdominal muscles that support the lower abdomen, removing excess skin, and sculpting contours with liposuction, Dr. Smith helps men and women who have experienced massive weight loss significantly enhance their appearance. Look at our before and after gallery to see the many patients who have already reclaimed their youth with Dr. Smith’s help.*
Contact us today to learn more about our procedures and if they are right for you!
What Can You Accomplish with Abdominal Plastic Surgery?
- After losing a significant amount of weight or after one or more pregnancies, these common concerns can be addressed with plastic surgery:
- Reduce signs of stretch marks made of scar tissue that any cream or laser cannot remove.*
- Minimize the amount of excess loose skin for which the elasticity cannot be restored.*
- Correct a bulge in your lower abdomen between the belly button and pubic bone because the abdominal muscles are stretched out of shape.*
- Reduce fat that has not responded to a weight loss diet and exercise.
Abdominal Surgical Procedures
There are many different procedures that our Las Vegas plastic surgery specialists can provide to help patients get the flat tummy they are looking for, including:
- Liposuction: The removal of fat in the abdomen reduces the fat in the abdomen, hips, and buttocks, but it will not enhance the appearance of the skin; it does not diminish stretch marks nor restore elasticity. However, when liposuction is used in conjunction with Tummy Tuck or Mini-Tummy Tuck surgery, it greatly enhances the overall results.*
- Mini-Tummy Tuck: For a man or woman who has a small amount of excess skin in the abdomen and has very few, if any, stretch marks, a Mini-Tummy Tuck can enhance the appearance of the abdomen. This procedure involves using liposuction to remove excess fat from the abdomen (especially the area between the belly button and pubic bone), restoring the position of the abdominal muscles, tightening the muscles, pulling the skin tight over the abdomen, and removing excess skin. The incision is usually four to eight inches wide and well hidden below the bikini line.*
- Tummy Tuck: If the patient has achieved significant weight loss or has had one or more pregnancies, there may be a lot of excess skin and stretch marks. In this case, a Tummy Tuck can dramatically enhance the appearance of the waistline and abdomen. The surgery involves liposuction to reduce fat stores in the abdomen, repositioning and tightening the abdominal muscles, pulling the skin tight over the abdomen, repositioning the belly button, and removing the excess skin. While the Tummy Tuck incision may extend from hip to hip, it will be completely hidden beneath the bikini line in most cases.
Abdominoplasty: The Best Decision for You
If you’re considering a tummy tuck in Las Vegas, NV, you want to be sure you’re making the best decision for your body and health. Smith Plastic Surgery offers safe and effective Las Vegas Tummy Tuck procedures to help you achieve the desired look.
A Tummy Tuck in Las Vegas Nevada is a surgical procedure that can improve the appearance of the stomach and waistline. The procedure involves the removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen and often includes the repair of the navel. Tucking is a term used to describe the process of bringing the skin and muscles of the abdomen closer together.
The team at Smith Plastic Surgery is highly experienced in performing tummy tucks and can help you determine if this procedure is right for you. We’ll work with you to create a treatment plan that meets your needs and goals.
If you want to learn more about tummy tucks in Las Vegas, Nevada, please contact us today. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
What Happens During the Surgery?
Mini Tummy Tuck in Las Vegas
Once you decide to proceed with a Mini-Tummy Tuck, Dr. Smith and his staff will inform you of any necessary preparation before the surgery. Typically, Dr. Smith performs the surgery on the patient under local anesthesia and on an outpatient basis.
The procedure for a Mini Tummy Tuck in Las Vegas begins as follows:
- The surgery begins with a small incision, usually four to eight inches wide below the bikini line. If you have had a C-section, that incision may be used again. The cut will extend through the skin and fat layers but will not penetrate the underlying muscle or abdominal cavity below the muscles.
- The surgeon will carefully loosen the skin and fat layer to the belly button, separating it from the underlying muscle layer.
- The abdominal muscles will be tightened, and extra skin, usually six inches or less, will be trimmed away. The belly button will not be affected.
- Fat will be removed from the upper and lower abdomen using liposuction.*
- After a drain is placed, the incision will be closed.
Saying yes to the amazing transformation a Tummy Tuck in Nevada can provide is very exciting. Dr. Smith and his staff will inform you of anything you must do to prepare for the surgery. Dr. Smith will typically perform Las Vegas tummy tuck surgeries outpatient under general anesthesia. Sometimes, Dr. Smith will recommend overnight stays following your Nevada Abdominoplasty surgery.
The surgery begins with a long incision extending from hip to hip below the bikini line, which is higher at the ends and may resemble a slight U-shape. The incision will go down through the layers of skin and fat. The surgeon will not cut the underlying muscles (i.e., rectus abdominus) and will not disturb the peritoneum that encases the internal organs that sit below the muscles.
The tummy tuck procedure will look like this:
- Elevating the skin and fat layers up to the rib cage, the surgeon will loosen and separate it from the muscle below.
- The surgeon cuts a small circle around the edge of the belly button to allow it to remain attached to the abdominal wall.
- The surgeon will pull together the abdominal muscles at the midline and tighten them.
- The skin and fat layers are pulled down over the belly button, and the surgeon cuts a new hole to position the existing belly button. The surgeon will then trim away the excess skin that includes stretch marks.
- The surgeon will carefully remove fat from the upper and lower abdomen using liposuction.*
- Following the placement of one or two drains, the surgeon will close the incision in layers, beginning with the deepest layer of the skin, maximizing its strength.
At the end of the Mini-Tummy Tuck and Tummy Tuck surgery, the surgeon will place one or two small drains at the corner of the incision. The drains help to remove the excess fluid that accumulates under the skin and fat after surgery. Fluid will typically go away by itself in time, but placing drains at the incision point helps the fluid go away faster. Dr. Smith and his staff will remove your drains 4 to 10 days after surgery.
What Are the Risks?
Abdominal plastic surgery is very safe. Dr. Smith will discuss the risks involved with you, which may include: pain, bruising, swelling, numbness, need for additional procedures, infection, bleeding, and damage to surrounding structures.
In addition, because abdominal plastic surgery does not improve the backside, buttocks, or flank/lower hip area, the enhancement of the abdomen may make these other areas appear larger or more prominent in contrast. Liposuction of the hips, flanks, and lower back can provide a more uniform transformation.
After the Surgery
After your Mini Tummy Tuck or Tummy Tuck Procedure, Dr. Smith will provide guidelines to achieve optimal results.
The following are some general post-surgery instructions:
- You should be up and walking around on the evening of the surgery. This helps to prevent blood clots.
- Most Mini Tummy Tuck patients can return to work within five to seven days. Tummy Tuck patients typically return to work within seven to fourteen days.*
- Tummy Tuck patients should wear loose clothing the first few weeks after surgery when the skin of the abdomen may feel very tight and a little bit uncomfortable.
- Constipation is a common side effect of pain medication. Stool softeners usually provide sufficient relief.
- Patients can enjoy light exercise usually two to three weeks after surgery for Mini Tummy Tuck and within four weeks for Tummy Tuck patients.
- Patients can enjoy more strenuous abdominal exercises, such as sit-ups, sometime after six to eight weeks following surgery, when all other regular activities may also be resumed.
What Sort of Scars Can be Expected After Surgery?
One of the biggest concerns for any surgery is the resulting scar. Because Tummy Tuck surgery reduces signs of stretch marks, which are scar tissue, this surgery reduces visible scars. In most cases, Dr. Smith will be able to place the scar from your Tummy Tuck surgery below your bikini line. If the patient uses scar tape and gel for six to eight months after the surgery as directed, the scar should be barely visible within two years following the surgery.
Candidate For a Tummy Tuck
Abdominoplasty in Las Vegas, more commonly called a tummy tuck, is a plastic surgery that strengthens and tightens abdominal muscles while removing excess skin and fat from the stomach region. It is a body contouring surgery that can rejuvenate the appearance of the midsection and give you a more youthful, beautiful, and confident look.
Candidates for a tummy tuck typically have loose skin and excess fat around their waistline, often referred to as a “ muffin top ” or “ love handles.” The procedure can also help improve the appearance of the thigh and hip. A tummy tuck is a safe and effective way to achieve a more contoured and streamlined silhouette.
A board-certified plastic surgeon can tell you if you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck through a consultation. Body contouring procedures like a tummy tuck can be life-changing experiences, giving you a more youthful, confident look.
The benefits of a tummy tuck include the following:
-Tighter, more toned abdominal muscles
-Reduced excess skin and fat in the stomach area
-Improved self-confidence and body image
-A more youthful appearance
The recovery time for a tummy tuck is typically about two weeks, and most people can return to work within that time frame. However,
strenuous activities should be avoided for six weeks post-operation.
How to Get a Flatter, More Toned Appearance
The first step is to schedule a consultation with your chosen surgeon. During the tummy tuck consultation, be sure to ask about the surgeon’s experience performing tummy tucks and their credentials. You will also want to discuss your goals for the surgery and get a clear understanding of the procedure and what it can do for you. Once you have chosen a surgeon, they will work with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your needs and expectations.
If you are considering a tummy tuck in Las Vegas, there are a few things you should know before scheduling your surgery:
- Tummy tucks are usually performed as an outpatient procedure, meaning you will go home the same day as your surgery.
- The procedure is typically completed under general anesthesia, so you will be asleep during the surgery.
- Most surgeons recommend that patients take two weeks off from work to recover from the surgery.
During your tummy tuck surgery, your surgeon will make an incision in your lower abdomen, just above the pubic bone. Through this incision, your surgeon will access the underlying abdominal muscles and tissues. Once the incision is made, your surgeon will remove any excess skin and fat from the area. In some cases, your surgeon may also need to tighten the abdominal muscles to create a flatter, more toned appearance.
After your surgery, your incisions will be closed with sutures, and you will be wrapped in a compression garment. You will likely experience some pain and swelling after your surgery, but medication can control this. You will need to take it easy for the first few days after your surgery but should be able to return to your normal activities within two weeks.
If you are interested in getting the Best Tummy Tuck in Las Vegas, contact our Las Vegas plastic surgeons today to learn more.
Las Vegas Tummy Tuck Cost
If you’re considering a tummy tuck in Las Vegas, it’s essential to know that the cost varies depending on the surgeon you choose. At our practice, Dr. Lane Smith offers a tummy tuck that not only slims your waist but also lifts and rejuvenates your abdominal area for a more natural, beautiful appearance.
Dr. Lane Smith is one of the most sought-after surgeons in Las Vegas for tummy tucks due to his natural-looking results and his focus on rejuvenation and waist lift techniques. He has a long history of experience performing tummy tuck techniques and is dedicated to providing beautiful, natural patient results.
Transform Your Midsection: Get the Look You’ve Always Wanted!
When it comes to achieving a flatter, smoother tummy, abdominoplasty surgery, also known as a tummy tuck, is one of the most effective procedures available. And if you’re looking for skilled, high-quality care and excellent results, Las Vegas is the place to be.
While a tummy tuck may not be the most affordable cosmetic procedure out there, it is certainly worth it for those who desire a slimmer, more toned midsection. However, it’s essential to do your research and choose the best tummy tuck surgeon in Las Vegas who can provide the care and expertise you need to achieve your desired results.
At Smith Plastic Surgery in Las Vegas, you can expect a comfortable, confidential experience that prioritizes your safety and satisfaction. Your surgeon will walk you through the procedure and help you understand the risks and benefits, so you can make an informed decision.
From there, you’ll undergo the surgery itself, which typically involves removing excess skin and fat from the abdominal area and tightening the underlying muscles to create a smoother, more defined shape. Although the procedure can be somewhat invasive, most patients find that the discomfort is manageable and well worth the end result.
Of course, it’s important to note that a tummy tuck is not a substitute for weight loss or a healthy lifestyle. It is simply a way to address loose, sagging skin and stubborn pockets of fat that may resist traditional diet and exercise.
If you’re considering a tummy tuck in Las Vegas, do your research and choose a reputable clinic with a track record of success. With the right surgeon and approach, you can achieve the toned, smooth midsection you’ve always dreamed of.
Choose a Plastic Surgeon with Decades of Experience and Success
It is essential that you select a surgeon with the skill and expertise in the plastic surgery procedure you desire. Dr. Smith is board certified in cosmetic surgery, plastic surgery, head and neck surgery, and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. He has performed thousands of Tummy Tuck and Mini Tummy Tucks during more than 20 years of practice. Patients all over the world seek his services.
As a multi-award winning and 4-time board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Smith developed a technique that safely combines the two liposuction procedures with a tummy tuck. Dr. Smith presented his research and new technique to colleagues at the California Plastic Surgery Society meeting, which has since become very popular in leading plastic surgery practices across the country.
Dr. Lane Smith is a well-known plastic surgeon in Las Vegas who offers a range of cosmetic procedures including tummy tucks, breast augmentation, breast lift, mommy makeover, and other plastic surgery procedures. Dr. Smith, who has years of experience in his field, can assist you in achieving natural-looking results that make you feel more confident and at ease with your own skin.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Smith to discuss the potential benefits of plastic surgery, call our Las Vegas plastic surgery experts at 702-838-2455.
I'm interested in getting a Tummy Tuck. What is the first step?
The first step is to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. During your consultation, Dr. Smith will examine your stomach and discuss your goals for surgery. Dr. Smith will also explain the risks and benefits of a tummy tuck and answer any questions you may have.
What is a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a surgery that improves the appearance of the stomach area. This procedure can remove excess skin and fat from the stomach area, and it can also tighten the muscles in this region. A tummy tuck can give you a flatter, more toned stomach.
Who is a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
If you have excess skin or fat in your stomach area, you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. This procedure can also help if you have loose skin or stretch marks in this region. Additionally, if you have separated abdominal muscles, a tummy tuck can help to correct this issue.
How long does it take to recover from a Tummy Tuck?
It usually takes about two weeks to recover from a tummy tuck. During this time, you will need to rest and take it easy. You should avoid strenuous activity or lifting heavy objects during your recovery period.
How much does a Las Vegas Tummy Tuck cost?
The cost of a tummy tuck is determined by the extent of the operation and where it is done. In general, you can anticipate paying anything from $9,800 to $14,000 for a tummy tuck ($13,000 to $19,000 for an Extended Tummy Tuck).
Is a Tummy Tuck covered by insurance?
In most cases, insurance will not cover the cost of a tummy tuck. This is because it is considered to be a cosmetic procedure. However, if your surgery is being done for medical reasons (such as to correct a hernia), your insurance may cover some or all of the costs.
How long does a Tummy Tuck last?
A tummy tuck is a permanent procedure. The results are usually long-lasting, provided that you maintain a healthy lifestyle and weight.
Are there any risks associated with a Tummy Tuck?
As with any surgery, there are always some risks involved. These risks include infection, bleeding, and scarring. However, these risks are relatively low and can be minimized by choosing an experienced surgeon and following all post-operative instructions.
What are the benefits of a Tummy Tuck?
The main benefit of a tummy tuck is a flatter, more toned stomach. This can be especially helpful for those who have recently lost a significant amount of weight or who have had children. A tummy tuck can also help to improve your self-esteem and body image.
Will I have scars after a Tummy Tuck?
Yes, you will have scars after a tummy tuck. However, your surgeon will place the incisions low on your stomach, so they can be easily hidden by clothing. The scars will also fade over time.
Will I need pain medication after a Tummy Tuck?
You may or may not need pain medication after a tummy tuck. Some people only require over-the-counter pain medication, while others may need prescription-strength medication. Your surgeon will discuss your options with you before your surgery.
Can I get a Tummy Tuck if I am pregnant?
No, you cannot get a tummy tuck if you are pregnant. If you become pregnant after having a tummy tuck, your pregnancy may cause the skin and muscles to stretch, which can undo the results of your surgery.
Can I get a Tummy Tuck if I am breastfeeding?
No, you cannot get a tummy tuck if you are breastfeeding. You will need to wait until you have finished breastfeeding before having a tummy tuck.
Can I get a Tummy Tuck if I have had precious abdominal surgery?
Yes, you may be able to get a tummy tuck even if you have had previous abdominal surgery. However, your surgeon will need to evaluate your individual case to determine whether or not you are a good candidate for the procedure.
Can I get a Tummy Tuck if I am planning on getting pregnant in the future?
No, you cannot get a tummy tuck if you are planning on getting pregnant in the future. The surgery can cause damage to your abdominal muscles and skin, which may make it more difficult for you to get pregnant.
Can I get a Tummy Tuck if I am overweight?
Yes, you may be able to get a tummy tuck even if you are overweight. However, your surgeon will need to evaluate your individual case to determine whether or not you are a good candidate for the procedure.