The upper legs, or thighs, are one of the most problematic areas for many women, especially as they begin to age. This part of the body is often stubborn and resistant to diet and exercise, allowing fat cells, cellulite, and excess skin to accumulate, particularly in the inner thigh region. Unfortunately, as a result, a person can look heavier, less fit, and even older than they actually are, especially if they have lost a significant amount of weight. Thankfully, plastic surgery provides an option that can contour and improve the overall appearance of the inner thighs by removing excess fat and skin.
Below are some of the benefits of having inner thigh lift surgery performed:
- Removal of excess skin: Excess skin is something that simply cannot be addressed without the help of a skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon. Changes like dramatic weight loss or aging can cause loose sagging skin and, as the skin continues to become thinner, it loses its elasticity and is unable to snap back. This results in the excess skin hanging loosely from the inner thighs. Inner thigh surgery can effectively address this problem.
- Muscle tightening: Muscles can also stretch over time and, when this occurs, they can lose definition. Inner thigh surgery can help tighten loose muscles to improve the thigh’s overall contour.
- Reduction of stretch marks: Men and women can develop stretch marks along their thighs, but by tightening and removing the excess skin, the appearance of stretch marks can also be reduced.
Are you a good candidate?
To know for sure if you are a good candidate for this procedure, you will need to schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon. However, you are generally eligible for inner thigh lift surgery if:
- You have unwanted skin and soft tissue along your thighs: A plastic surgeon can remove thin layers of stubborn fats during thigh lift surgery. That said, keep in mind that this procedure should not be used as a replacement for exercise and proper nutrition.
- You maintain a stable weight: If you are still planning to lose a significant amount of weight, this will cause your thigh tissue to droop once more. On the flip side, gaining a substantial amount of weight after the procedure can greatly interfere with successful results.
- You are in good health: Being in good overall health is generally crucial for anyone who wishes to undergo a surgical procedure. Discuss any health problems you currently have with your plastic surgeon.
- You do not smoke and you do not drink heavily: Smoking disrupts the healing process and can increase a person’s risk of complications. If you agree to stop smoking for a prescribed amount of time before and after your surgery, you may be an eligible candidate. Additionally, drinking heavily can also increase the risk of complications.
Inner Thigh Lift Surgery in Las Vegas
At Smith Plastic Surgery, our skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon is able to perform both inner and outer thigh lift surgery. If you wish to improve the appearance of your thighs, Dr. Smith has nearly two decades of experience combined with a proven track record of world-class results. Work with the best, so you can achieve the best results and meet your aesthetic goals.
Call our office today at (702) 838-2455 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Lane Smith and learn if this procedure is right for you.