These days, a bigger, fuller booty is considered ideal and it is a trend that does not seem to be going anywhere any time soon. However, unlike other areas of the body that might be easier to improve with diet and exercise, it is nearly impossible to achieve the perfect butt without some assistance from a skilled plastic surgeon. If you are considering butt implants, you might be wondering how long they last and if, as is the case with breast implants, you will eventually require a replacement surgery.
The Longevity of Butt Implants
Butt implants are more firm than breast implants since they are generally made out of solid silicone, which means that ruptures are incredibly rare. As long as you are treated by a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs the procedure properly, your body is likely to accept and comfortably adjust to the new implants, without experiencing any unnecessary scarring or implant dislocation. Butt implants are designed to be a long-term solution for a patient’s aesthetic goals, so unless complications arose when the procedure was performed, there should not be a need to replace or remove them in the immediate future. In fact, there is no set recommendation for when a patient should consider changing out butt implants.
That said, there are a number of situations that might require a removal or replacement surgery following a butt implant surgery, which is more common when an unskilled surgeon performs this delicate operation. Below are some signs that could indicate the need for a revision surgery:
- Asymmetrical buttocks: If your buttocks appear to be uneven after your butt implant procedure, you will need a revision surgery to correct it. This tends to occur due to a difference in size or shape of one side of the buttocks and often appears more obvious after receiving implants.
- Implant displacement: Implant displacement is not common, but if the surgery is not performed successfully, this complication can arise. Remember, this is a procedure that requires skill and precision, so if your surgeon is not board-certified or lacks experience, there is always a potential risk for complications.
- Scar tissue hardening: While recovering from surgery, you can expect to see some scarring caused by the incisions. In rare cases, the car might contract and squeeze the implant, affecting the appearance of the buttocks and causing immense pain and discomfort. To address this complication, a patient will need corrective surgery, which could involve replacing the implants altogether.
- Blood clotting: Another complication that might arise during the recovery process are blood clots. If the blood clots enter the bloodstream, another surgery will be required and the implants might have to be removed.
- Infection: Infections are a more common complication. After all, an implant is a foreign object and there is always a slight possibility that the body will reject it. In severe cases, the implant might need to be removed or replaced. To prevent infections, plastic surgeons often prescribe antibiotics to their patients immediately after surgery.
Ultimately, how long a butt implant lasts will depend on the quality of a plastic surgeons work and whether or not the patient is still happy with the results in the following years. Given their durability, however, butt implants can potentially last for many years.
Butt Implant Surgeon in Las Vegas
If you are seeking a more voluptuous and round booty, one of the best ways to achieve this is by seeking the services of a board-certified, skilled plastic surgeon. At Smith Plastic Surgery in Las Vegas, our plastic surgeon has nearly two decades of experience and a track record of success, with more than 19,000 satisfied patients throughout Nevada. Make sure you get the results you desire by working with the best.
Schedule an appointment today by calling us at (702) 838-2455. If you live far from Las Vegas, online and phone consultations are also available.