With warm, sunny weather comes the summer swimsuit season, and that means it’s time to take stock and determine whether your body is bikini ready. If the mirror says maybe not, there are several plastic surgery procedures which can improve the natural look and beauty of your body.
For some women, who exercise regularly and are in good physical condition, they can still experience stubborn areas that may be more exposed during swimsuit-and-shorts season. No amount of exercise can “spot reduce” these localized issues, but oftentimes they can be corrected with plastic surgery treatments. An experienced plastic surgeon can achieve certain shape-altering results that exceed what diet and exercise alone can do.
Any of the following can produce a leaner, more youthful appearance in time for bikini season:
- Breast lift, or mastopexy, can eliminate sagging and return breasts to a younger appearance. This procedure can also be used to correct issues such as lack of symmetry between breasts.
- Breast augmentation, or mammoplasty, uses silicone or saline implants to enlarge breasts, whereas reduction mammoplasty can help alleviate discomfort of very large breasts.
- Similar to breast augmentation, butt augmentation uses either saline or silicone implants to enlarge and reshape a patient’s backside.
- The Brazilian Butt Lift has become very popular, primarily because it doesn’t involve implants. This procedure uses liposuction to remove unwanted fat from one part of the body and inject it into the buttocks to achieve a rounder, firmer appearance.
- Liposuction, also called body contouring, removes fat cells in order to permanently reshape areas such as the waist, stomach or inner thighs.
- The tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, removes excess skin and fat and can also tighten your abdominal muscles if needed. The incision is usually made low enough to fall below the bathing suit line.
- Excluding specifically tightening the muscles, the mini-tummy tuck involves more liposuction and less skin removal. It’s an ideal procedure for many women who have had children and are now experiencing stretched abdominal muscles.
Dr. Lane Smith pioneered a new procedure that combines liposuction and tummy tuck safely and effectively. This procedure can produce greater changes with improved results, in a single surgery.
Upper Arm Improvement
- Arm lift, or brachioplasty, eliminates the so-called “bat wings” that develop on the underside of the arm, by removing excess fat and tightening the skin. If it’s not necessary to remove excess skin, the fat can be removed with liposuction instead.
Excellent Results Require Excellent Surgical Skill
The skill, training, education and experience of a surgeon are all crucial factors in choosing the right surgeon for your procedure. Some procedures leave virtually no visible scars, whereas others simply cannot be performed without leaving a scar, particularly procedures that involve removing excess skin. Choosing a physician who is board certified plastic surgeon can give you the confidence you need to move forward with your aesthetic enhancements. A surgeon's before and after gallery especially can give you an idea if the surgeon can meet your goals.
Now is a perfect time for anyone considering a plastic surgery to consult with a plastic surgeon, leaving adequate time to schedule the procedure(s), before time to show off that bikini. The surgeon will explain the details of each treatment, anesthesia options and how long the recovery period will be. Naturally, these details vary according to the type and extent of each procedure.
Bikini readiness is a state of mind as well as a state of body. A plastic surgery procedure can help you feel more relaxed and confident at the beach or by the pool.