There are countless cosmetic procedures available and, among them, breast augmentation continues to be one of the most popular and sought after. Given the fact that this procedure has been around for quite some time, there have been a plethora of advancements and a rise for new options to match the varying tastes and aesthetic goals of women who would like to change the appearance of their breasts. For women who wish to enhance their breast size without the use of implants, fat transfers can be used instead, allowing for a much more natural appearance.
The fat transfers used in this procedure is often harvested from the patient’s hips, thighs, or tummy. It is then purified and skillfully injected into the breast, producing natural-looking results that also feel like the real thing.
As with most things in life, there are pros and cons to everything. Continue reading to learn more about the benefits this procedure can offer as well as its potential cons:
- Aesthetic goals: If you are seeking a mild to moderate increase in breast size and want to avoid having implants, a fat transfer breast augmentation might be right for you. What is considered a moderate increase? Somewhere between a half size to a full cup size. If you are interested in an increase greater than a cup size, implants would likely be the ideal option for your aesthetic goal. Additionally, many individuals seeking a breast augmentation also have other concerns, such as saggy breasts. In this case, simply increasing the volume of your breasts, regardless of the method, will not lift them, though you can combine either procedure with a breast lift.
- The advantages of a fat transfer breast augmentation: Given that a fat transfer augmentation solely uses your own body tissues, the results are going to be as soft and natural as possible. Not only will you be able to achieve fuller breasts, but the fat transfer process will provide the added benefit of body contouring. Liposuction will have to be used to harvest the fat that is necessary for this procedure, which can potentially reshape your body. Moreover, since you are not receiving implants, the operation is virtually scarless, requiring minor incisions through which your fat is harvested and injected. Lastly, having a fat transfer breast augmentation also means you will be able to avoid the risks that are sometimes associated with implants, such as rupture.
- The disadvantages of a fat transfer breast augmentation: For women who are seeking a greater increase in cup size, they cannot expect fat transfer breast augmentations to provide this. Breast implants, however, do not have the same limitations and are capable of providing vast increases in cup size. Unlike implants, fat can be reabsorbed by the body. A skilled surgeon will ensure that this transfer of fat is performed carefully, so that the survival of transferred fat is maximized, but the fact is that some of it will be reabsorbed and there is even a small chance that large portion of it could end up being reabsorbed by the body, resulting in a less noticeable enhancement.
- What if I do not have enough fat? Most women, even slender ones, are able to undergo a fat transfer procedure. A highly skilled plastic surgeon will be able to harvest the necessary fat for a breast augmentation and, if you are too skinny to harvest enough fat, it is possible that you might be asked to intentionally gain a small amount of weight to have this procedure performed. Having a personal consultation is the best way to know whether or not you have enough fat for this procedure.
- What are the advantages of breast implants? Part of understanding if fat transfer breast augmentation is right for you is also understanding what breast implants might have to offer you. As previously mentioned, breast implants are far less limited in terms of the cup size a patient is able to achieve. They are also able to provide more cleavage and fullness in appearance compared to fat transfers. While fat transfer augmentations can possibly be reabsorbed by the body to varying degrees, an implant gives patients more consistent and reliable results, without the possibility of being reabsorbed by the body.
Ultimately, if you are seeking a natural appearance and a modest boost to your bosom, a fat transfer breast augmentation might be the right choice for you. However, finding a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon who pays careful attention to detail is crucial to ensuring optimal results in this procedure.
Las Vegas Natural Breast Augmentation
The options available to augment and enlarge one’s breasts are plentiful. One such option is a fat transfer breast augmentation, which is also referred to as a natural breast implantation. Not only does this procedure enhance one’s breasts, but it improves the overall figure as a result of the fat-harvesting procedure. At Smith Plastic Surgery in Las Vegas, our skilled plastic surgeon has helped more than 19,000 patients achieve their body goals. In fact, Dr. Lane Smith has nearly two decades of experience and continues to exceed the expectations of his patients through the use of cutting-edge technology and old-fashioned values.
For world-class results that will increase your confidence, contact us today at (702) 838-2455 and schedule your consultation with Dr. Smith. Seize the opportunity to become the best version of yourself.