We live in a society where the full and voluptuous booties of celebrities like Jennifer Lopez or Kim Kardashian are coveted and considered ideal. Unfortunately, this is generally not something a person can exercise and diet their way toward, which can leave one feeling frustrated and disappointed. However, with procedures like the Brazilian Butt Lift, anyone can achieve the fuller, shapelier buttocks they desire. This procedure can re-shape one’s booty and create projection if desired. If you are not familiar with the Brazilian Butt Lift, you are not alone. Despite the increasing demand for this procedure, many still have questions about it.
We have compiled a list of some of the most commonly asked questions about the Brazilian Butt Lift, which should help shed some light on it:
- What is a Brazilian Butt Lift? This procedure will treat a flat or sagging backside, but not through the use of implants. Instead, it provides fullness to the buttocks by using excess fat from the thighs, abdomen, or hips through liposuction. The happy byproduct of this is, of course, that in the process of getting a beautiful new butt, your plastic surgeon will also sculpt your body through the fat-harvesting process. Additionally, using your body’s own fat will result in a much more natural-looking appearance.
- Who is an ideal candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure? For individuals who are looking to either lift or enhance their buttocks, the Brazilian Butt Lift is a great choice. It can help boost confidence and make a person feel much happier with how they look in or out of clothes. If a flat booty is throwing off a person’s proportions, the Brazilian Butt Lift can address this as well, making one appear more balanced. For any cosmetic procedure, it is important for any potential patient to have realistic expectations and to be in good health.
- What are the differences between a Brazilian Butt Lift and butt implants? As previously mentioned, the Brazilian Butt Lift uses a patient’s own fat, providing a more natural look. Implants, on the other hand, might be preferable for those who are not eligible for fat grafting. The implant procedure involves inserting silicone implants through an incision made on the vertical butt crease either into or above the gluteal muscle.
- How long does it take for a patient to recover from a Brazilian Butt Lift? Recovery can vary on a patient-by-patient basis, though many are able to see immense improvement within a week. In some cases, recovery might take longer, though butt lift patients are generally able to return to moderate activity within 3 to 4 weeks.
- How long will the results of my Brazilian Butt Lift last? If you are concerned about the results of your Brazilian Butt Lift having the lifespan of a mayfly, worry not. Generally, you can expect the results to last up to 20 years. A portion of the fat that is injected into a patient’s body will naturally get reabsorbed, but the majority of it stays and remains permanent. Over the years, the shape of any person’s body will change, but a patient should be able to retain the results of this procedure by maintaining a stable body weight. Any dramatic gains or losses in weight could affect the shape and feel of the butt lift procedure. Additionally, smokers tend to experience more reabsorption of the injected fat compared to those who do not smoke.
- Are there any risks associated with the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure? All surgical procedures involve some risk, no matter how marginal. To best ensure you minimize these risks, choose a board-certified plastic surgeon and discuss any health issues you might have. Your plastic surgeon will be able to advise you on what the potential risks might be and if you are a suitable candidate for this procedure.
- What if I do not have enough body fat? Most individuals have enough fat to harvest for this procedure, but if you have low levels of overall body fat, you might not be a candidate for this procedure. If you are drastically underweight, a plastic surgeon might advise you to gain weight before considering you for this procedure.
Brazilian Butt Lifts in Las Vegas
Round, shapely butts are thought of as highly desirable in today’s society. If you wish you had a fuller buttocks, or simply want to balance out your proportions, a Brazilian Butt Lift might be the perfect option for you. At Smith Plastic Surgery, our board-certified plastic surgeon is extremely experienced in performing this procedure, which is critical when it comes to choosing the right plastic surgeon to ensure your satisfaction. Remember, this is your body and you only get one, so always work with the best.
Contact our office today at (702) 838-2455 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Smith.