Pregnancy and the experience of bringing a new life into this world is a wondrous milestone for many. However, it takes a toll on a woman’s body, sometimes resulting in changes, including the breasts, abdomen, and even the widening of pelvic bones and changes in genitalia. Given how much the female body must endure to have children, it seems there is no one more deserving of the opportunity to feel beautiful than they are. At Smith Plastic Surgery, we believe in helping moms restore their bodies to a pre-pregnancy state. This is known as a “mommy makeover,” which we are proud to offer.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
Mommy makeovers are best for women who have already had all the children they plan on having. If you plan on having more children, future pregnancies can reverse the benefits that were made with any of the performed procedures.
A mommy makeover does not involve a specific surgery, but rather includes a combination of surgeries that address the changes caused by pregnancy. These procedures can include:
- Tummy tuck: A woman’s abdomen goes through some of the most dramatic changes as a result of pregnancy and, as such, the tummy tuck is one of the most important procedures performed as part of the mommy makeover. Not only is it a great way to get rid of stretch marks, but it can also tighten loose skin.
- Breast augmentation: After pregnancy, a woman’s breasts often lose volume and begin to droop and sag. For those who are only experiencing loss of volume, a breast augmentation would suffice, but if the breasts are sagging and maintained good volume, a breast lift can restore them. It is uncommon for breasts to lose volume and sag.
- Liposuction: Pregnancy tends to cause the pelvis to expand, which can make a woman’s waistline appear larger. Through liposuction, a woman’s waist can be narrowed, restoring a curvier shape. The inner and outer thighs can be treated through this procedure as well.
- Buttock augmentation: It is also relatively common for a woman’s buttock to sag in the aftermath of a pregnancy. Instead of using silicone implants, a Brazilian butt lift will use fat harvested from other areas of the body and implant them into the buttocks. If a patient does not have enough body fat, silicone implants can be used.
- Labiaplasty: The labia minora can enlarge and stretch during pregnancy and childbirth. The labiaplasty procedure can restore it back to a smaller size, giving a more youthful appearance.
If you have had children and do not plan on having any more pregnancies in your future, treat yourself to a mommy makeover. Every mother deserves to be and feel her very best.
Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon Dedicated to Helping Moms Feel Beautiful
There are many plastic surgeons, but not every doctor is as highly sought after or trusted as Dr. Smith at Smith Plastic Surgery. Our Las Vegas plastic surgeon has made hundreds of patients happy through mommy makeover procedures and is one of the few who is skilled in the Brazilian butt lift and labiaplasty procedures.
Contact our office today at (702) 838-2455 to schedule a consultation.