Cellulite is a stubborn issue many women face. In fact, it is estimated that about 80% to 90% of women, regardless of how fit they are, struggle with cellulite that not even the most active lifestyle can guard against. Despite the fact that so many people have to deal with the dimpled presence of cellulite on various areas of the body, not much is actually understood about cellulite.
Here are some of the facts about cellulite doctors do know:
- Cellulite is not skin deep, but rather pockets of fat that squeezed between bands of tissue beneath the skin.
- Why do we mostly associate this particular body issue with women? Well, men have sturdier bands in a crisscross formation, which keeps fat in place more effectively, making them far less prone to cellulite than women. In women, fat pushes through these bands much more easily, making it possible for any woman of any age or race to have cellulite.
- Cellulite is not related to one’s size. Both thin and overweight women can have cellulite, though the more body fat you have, the more likely you are to have more prominent dimpling.
- You cannot diet your cellulite out of existence. In some cases, dieting can lessen the presence of cellulite, but in others, it might make it worse, particularly if you drop drastic amounts of weight. This can cause the skin to sag, making cellulite more noticeable.
There are some natural ways to go about getting rid of cellulite. These methods include:
- Lifting weights: Exercise, or specifically lifting weights, can make your muscles more defined, which can help your skin look smoother.
- Strengthen your skin: To help reduce the lumps and dimples of cellulite, you can try using topical treatments to build collagen in the skin. Creams that contain retinol or vitamin C are a good place to start.
There are also treatments that can specifically target cellulite. Cellfina, for example, is FDA-approved to treat cellulite and lasts over 2 years. This treatment addresses the main cause of cellulite, which are the connecting bands woven through fat.
Cellulite Treatment in Las Vegas
At Smith Plastic Surgery in Las Vegas, we exclusively offer the only FDA-approved cellulite treatment that lasts over 2 years. In addition to providing the results you desire, patients treated with Cellfina experience a limited downtime, which means you can go about your day without skipping a beat. You might experience initial soreness and tenderness, though these effects are usually resolved quickly.
Contact our Las Vegas plastic surgeon today at (702) 838-2455 to schedule a consultation and learn more about this new and effective treatment.