Choosing to have plastic surgery is a big decision—especially considering how many options you have now! These days, there is a procedure or treatment designed for just about any part of the body you’d like to enhance. But knowing which to choose can be a bit overwhelming.
If you’re ready to make some changes, but don’t really know where to start, a plastic surgery consultation can be your best friend. However, some of our patients have told us that anticipating walking into the surgeon’s office for the first time was the most intimidating part of the whole process—in part because they didn’t know what to expect.
Consultations at Smith Plastic Surgery
At Smith Plastic Surgery, we don’t want you to ever feel intimidated. Once you walk through our doors, you are in good hands. Smith Plastic Surgery is a state-of-the-art, fully-accredited surgery center and medical spa. We pride ourselves on maintaining a highly-professional environment, and our staff is dedicated to making your experience as comfortable as possible.
The consultation is your chance to interview your surgeon and make sure you are comfortable with him. You also want to get a feel for how skillful he is in the procedure you are considering. If you are interested in a rhinoplasty procedure (nose reshaping), Dr. Smith will even be able to photograph you and use a computer program to show you what your “new” nose will look like.
Below are some tips to help you get the most out of your consultation.
- Make sure you can spend two hours at our office. You don’t want to feel rushed.
- Arrive 15 minutes early so that you can fill out our required paperwork. You can download it from our website and fill it out in advance as well.
- Jot down any notes and questions you might have in advance so that you don’t forget to ask something important. Once Dr. Smith has given you his recommendations, ask any other questions that occur to you. We want you to feel at ease with your decisions—questions are welcomed and encouraged!
- You will have the chance to view our before and after picture gallery while you wait. Please take advantage of this opportunity. This is one of the most revealing tools regarding a surgeon’s skill, and we recommend you do this with each surgeon you visit.
- After your consultation with Dr. Smith, a patient coordinator will discuss your payment options with you, including financing. Be sure to ask for any brochures or paperwork available, so you can read over it in more detail later, if necessary.
If, after your consultation and financial counseling, you are ready to make your appointment, the patient coordinator will assist in scheduling your procedure. The consultation fee ($XX) will be subtracted from the cost of your surgery, and you will pay a $1000, non-refundable deposit.
If you need more time to weigh your options, please feel free to think it over and call our office when you are ready. We are here to answer your questions every step of the way. If you have any questions about the patient consultation process, or would like to make an appointment, please call Smith Plastic Surgery at (702) 838-2455.