Las Vegas Mommy Makeover
Smith Plastic Surgery Helps Moms Feel Beautiful Again
Pregnancy is a wonderful event and blesses us with the miracle of life. However, if you have experienced the impact of childbearing on your body from the process of childbirth, a mommy makeover is the perfect solution. After pregnancy, women may experience major changes to their breasts and abdomen, as well as to the genitalia, and these can be improved upon through the mommy makeover procedure.
What Is A Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a term used to describe any combination of surgeries performed to help restore a woman’s body back closer to her pre-pregnancy state.*
Typically, a mommy makeover combines a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty,) liposuction and a breast procedure. The breast procedure is either breast implantation (breast augmentation,) or a breast lift (mastopexy.) Dr. Lane Smith also will perform a labiaplasty if the labia has stretched during childbirth. In addition, he may transfer fat to your buttocks if you want to lift and shape your buttocks.*
Who Can Benefit from a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is best for women who have had all the children they are planning on having. Mommy makeover procedures are not good for women who will have more children. Future pregnancies will reverse the changes that have been made through prior surgeries.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our Las Vegas plastic surgery experts!
Are There Specific Procedures Involved With A Mommy Makeover?
The mommy makeover is not a specific surgery. Dr. Smith will perform a combination of surgeries to restore a woman’s figure following pregnancy. Below is a brief description of each procedure. Additional information can be found in each of their respective sections on our website.
- These surgeries can include any or all of the following:
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck surgery): The abdomen undergoes the most dramatic changes during pregnancy. When Dr. Smith performs a tummy tuck it usually is the most critical part of a mommy makeover. Stretch marks will not go away with creams or lasers, they are scars. The best way to remove stretch marks is to excise them with a tummy tuck. The tummy tuck will also really tighten the loose skin that occurs after pregnancy.*
- Breast Surgery: The breasts are usually damaged by pregnancy and often lose volume and droop. If you are experiencing only volume loss, Dr. Smith will perform only a breast augmentation procedure. If your issue includes drooping breasts, but your breasts still have good volume, Dr. Smith will perform only a breast lift (also called a mastopexy). However, if you are experiencing both sagging breasts and lost volume, Dr. Smith will most likely perform a Breast Augmentation-Mastopexy.*
- Liposuction: A procedure where fat is removed from the body, liposuction usually is done on the flanks (waist) but can also involve the abdomen and other areas as well. After pregnancy, the pelvis expands, which can make the waistline look larger. Liposuction of the waist narrows the area and restores a curvier, sexier shape. The inner thighs and outer thighs, as well as other parts of the body, can be liposuctioned as well.*
- Buttock Augmentation (Brazilian Butt lift or buttock implants): Sometimes the buttocks can get a little smaller after pregnancy and may sag. Dr. Smith will harvest the existing fat from the abdomen and flanks during their mommy makeover and transfer the fat to the patient’s buttock. This is commonly known as a “Brazilian butt lift.” Patients will save a great deal of money when these two procedures are combined. Most of the cost associated with a Brazilian butt lift is from the harvesting of fat. Since Dr. Smith has already harvested the fat from your other areas, it is not very expensive to take the already harvested fat and to place it in the buttocks. There are also times when a patient is too thin. In these cases, Dr. Smith will use silicone buttock implants, placed under the buttock muscles to help improve your shape.*
- Labiaplasty: After pregnancy, the labia minora typically enlarge due to the hormonal influences of pregnancy and stretching that occurs with childbirth. A labiaplasty can restore them back to their smaller size and give them a more youthful appearance.*
The Advantages Of A Mommy Makeover
When you have a mommy makeover from Smith Plastic Surgery you benefit the most from a complete body makeover with only one recovery period. Imagine a more complete and more impressive change in your figure with just one recovery time. Another advantage of the mommy makeover is that you will save money combining procedures.
The Disadvantages Of A Mommy Makeover
Mommy makeovers from Smith Plastic Surgery are wonderful in that they can combine several body improvement procedures at the same time. However, you will tend to have longer post-operative recovery time and there are more risks when surgeries are combined.
Are There Risks Associated With A Mommy Makeover?
With any surgical procedure, there are risks to consider. The various procedures associated with mommy makeover are considered generally safe. With hundreds of very happy patients, Dr. Smith has the experience and skills to help you achieve your makeover goals. Dr. Smith will discuss these with you during your consultation.
Mommy Makeover From Smith Plastic Surgery In Las Vegas
Dr. Smith holds 4 separate board certifications in plastic surgery, performing more mommy makeover surgical procedures than any other plastic surgeon in the Western United States. Recognized as one of the best plastic surgeons for performing mommy makeovers, Dr. Lane Smith specializes in all components of the procedure including tummy tucks, Brazilian butt lifts, breast surgery, liposuction, and labiaplasty. Often surgeons may have the skills to perform an abdominoplasty or breast augmentation, but may not be skilled in Brazilian butt lift, buttock augmentation, or labiaplasty procedures.
Dr. Smith is the top plastic surgeon in Las Vegas and highly skilled in these procedures. If you would like to learn more about the mommy makeover procedure please schedule a consultation with Dr. Smith by calling the office at (702) 838-2455 or by contacting us Online.