Mommy Makeovers in Las Vegas
A pregnancy is a wonderful event, and gives us the miracle of life. Women are blessed in that this is a special power that only they possess, but they are also faced with the burden of changes to their bodies that occur with pregnancy. Unfortunately, men sometimes do not understand the sacrifices a woman must make in order to bring children into the world. The changes occur on almost every level. Often after pregnancy there are major changes to the breasts, and abdomen, but also to things such as a slight widening of the pelvic bones or changes in their genitalia.
Visit our Mommy Makeover Before & After Gallery
WHAT EXACTLY IS THE MOMMY MAKEOVER?
A mommy makeover is a term used by patients to describe any combination of surgeries performed to restore a woman’s body back to her pre-pregnancy state. Most commonly this means a combination of a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty,) some liposuction and a breast procedure; either breast implantation (breast augmentation,) or a breast lift (mastopexy.) Sometimes a labiaplasty procedure is also indicated as the labia tend to stretch with pregnancy and childbirth. Sometimes a fat transfer to the buttocks is performed to lift and shape the buttocks.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM A MOMMY MAKEOVER?
Obviously, a mommy makeover is best for women who have already had all the children they are planning on having. These are not good procedures for women who are planning on having more children as future pregnancies will reverse the changes that have been made with surgery.
ABOUT THE PROCEDURE USED FOR THE MOMMY MAKEOVER
The mommy makeover is not a specific surgery, it is a combination of surgeries to restore a woman’s figure after changes caused by pregnancy. A description of each procedures listed below can be found in each of their respective sections in this website. Here is a list of more common procedures performed for a mommy makeover. These can all usually be performed at the same time.
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck surgery): the abdomen undergoes the most dramatic changes during pregnancy and a tummy tuck is the most critical part of a mommy makeover. Stretch marks will not go away with any creams or lasers, they are scars. The only good way to get rid of them is to excise them with a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty.) A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), is also the best way to really tighten the loose skin that occurs after pregnancy. (See the section on Abdominoplasty)
- Breast Surgery: the breasts are usually damaged by the pregnancy. Often they will lose volume, and frequently they will droop after pregnancy. If the problem is just volume loss, than only a breast augmentation (breast implantation) is needed. If the problem is the breasts are drooping, but still have good volume, than only a breast lift also called a mastopexy is needed. Very commonly, the breasts are both sagging and have lost volume. In this case an Augmentation-mastopexy (breast lift with breast implants,) is needed. (See the sections on mastopexy and breast augmentation.)
- Liposuction: usually this involves the flanks (waist,) but can also involve other areas as well. After pregnancy the pelvis expands, which can make the waistline look larger. Liposuction of the waist narrows the waist and restores a curvier and sexier shape. Other areas such as the inner thighs and outer thighs can be liposuctioned as well.
- Buttock Augmentation (Brazilian Butt lift or buttock implants:) sometimes the buttocks can get a little smaller after pregnancy or sag. Patients are already having fat removed from the abdomen and flanks, so rather than just throwing it away, it can be placed in the buttocks. This is called buttock fat transfer or commonly known as “Brazilian butt lift.” This saves a great deal of money, as most of the cost of a Brazilian butt lift (fat transfer to the butt,) is due to the harvesting the fat. Since we already have the fat harvested from the other areas, it is not very expensive to take the already harvested fat and to place it in the buttocks. (See the chapter on Brazilian butt lift, or buttock augmentation.) When a patient is too thin, we can use silicone buttock implants. Buttock implant are placed under the buttock muscles. (see the chapter on buttock augmentation.)
- Labiaplasty: after pregnancy, the labia minora, typically enlarge due to the hormonal influences of pregnancy and stretching that occurs with childbirth. A labiaplasty can restore them back to their smaller size and give them a more youthful appearance.
THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF MOMMY MAKEOVER:
The main advantage of a mommy makeover is getting everything done at once. This means only one recovery period and a bigger more impressive change in the woman’s figure. Another advantage is that by combining procedures, it is less costly than having each procedure done at a separate time. The main disadvantage is that the post-operative recovery time is longer and there are more risks when surgeries are combined.
THE RISKS OF A MOMMY MAKEOVER:
Mommy makeovers are common generally safe procedures. Dr. Smith has had hundreds of very happy patients with the procedure. However, with any surgery there is risk. The general risks of all surgeries and anesthesia exist and these will be discussed at the time of your consultation.
Dr. Smith does among the most mommy makeovers in the Western United States. Dr. Smith, a board-certified surgeon, is considered one of the best plastic surgeons for performing mommy makeovers. He is one of only a few of surgeons who performs all of the components of mommy makeovers. (Tummy tuck, brazilian butt lift, breast surgery, liposuction and labiaplasty.) Many surgeons will perform an abdominoplasty or breast augmentation, but may not be skilled in Brazilian butt lift or buttock augmentation (buttock implantation) or labiaplasty. Dr. Smith is a top plastic surgeon and can perform all of these procedures. If you want to discuss a “mommy makeover,” with Dr. Smith please call the office at 702-838-2455 or email us at email@example.com.